• Husbilsklubbens årsmöte och träff år 2024 kommer att hållas i Karlstad 9-12 Maj.
    Mer information och anmälan finns här: Klicka Här för Årsmötesträff 2024
  • Erbjudande på Husbilsklubben.se

Blir du ny medlem nu i Husbilsklubben.se betalar du ingen anmälningsavgift utan enbart årsavgift 100 kr.
    Du sparar 150 kr på detta och erbjudandet gäller tills vidare.
    Medlemskapet gäller för kalenderåret 2024.
    Mer information finns här: Hur Registrerar jag mig.
    Du slipper också en massa störande reklam eftersom vi är en HELT reklamfri sida.

English Camping Car Forum

HBK

HBK
Kommun
-Internationell
Dear Camping Car Community

Husbilsklubben.se has set-up this English-speaking Forum in order to serve and communicate with other interested members of the Camping Car Community outside of Scandinavia.

Welcome and post your questions or contributions regarding Camping Car subjects.
We will try to answer your questions and hope to be able to give you a hint of what Camping Car life is like in Sweden.

To become an Intresserad/Interested you have to register here: Link
There are two guides written in Swedish which may be helpful, one is for getting registrated as an Intresserad that gives you the basic functions, and a limited number of posts. It is the first step to become a member.
Become an Intresserad/Interested: Link
Become a Medlem/Member: Link
As a paying member you may access more functions in our website, like benefits, access to our map with motorhome sites, motorhome rallies/events, among many other things.

Welcome

Senast redigerad av en moderator:

HBK

HBK
Kommun
-Internationell
Sv: English Camping Car Forum Opened

Husbilsklubben.se

We are an Internet based Camping Car community aimed at all aspects of Camping Car life.

Our very large Nightspot/Aires/Stellplatz database covering Sweden but also showing many continental places is available for our members and is displaying the places with photos and GPS locations - selected countywise and showed on maps produced by club members.
Contributions from members are continuously expanding the database.
Demonstration

Different departments for tech questions, activities, travel issues and novels, meets, chat, reviews, articles and more is completing the forum where our members meet in a friendly and positive way.​

F

F.d. 839

Hi,

I think this is a superb idea opening an English section for foreign campers. Lots of campers on the continent are eager reading about how to get to Sweden, most friends in other camper forums which I participate in as Moderator are interested which road - ferry to take. What is the best : both bridges or the most common Rodby Puttgarden - Helsingor Helsingborg. Ferries - bridges vary a lot in price all depending if the camper is >6m or >3.5 metric tons high or low season.

Praise to the people starting this idea :)

Kjell

HBK Medlem
Kommun
Vännäs
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap

Yes Rolly - and all - the same rules applies also in the English section as in the Swedish parts of this webbsite, there is no remarks done whatsoever when it comes to spelling and grammar.
Inquiries and questions are welcome, our helpful members and staff usually will do the best to be of assistance in the area of Mobile Home travelling and living and also trying to help out in case of emerging technical glitches.

Welcome to our website!

F

F.d. 839

Kjell,

I really hope the eager of members - staff willing to help non Scandinavian natives doesn't wear off as fast as it was created. Even you mentioned spelling - grammer won't be taking into considaration it's still is a heavy burden specially when it comes for example clarifying a certain item and translating it into technical terms. I've started a very similar project in another forum, it ain't easy I know what I am talking about.

Kjell

HBK Medlem
Kommun
Vännäs
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap

Shure Rolly, it all depends on the helpfullness mankind in general is willing to show to the next fellow man but particularly what our members and staff here in our club will do when it comes down to be of assistance.

Have also personally some experience of being an 'alien' in in an RV (Recreational Vehicle) club abroad and you are right, there seems to be a kind of 'threshold' for the natives to respond to inquiries from us aliens.

Let's hope we do have a lower threshold here and that we will accept our comrade RV-ers - abroad or not - as nice as we can!

And your experience Rolly, may also come in handy here at HBK, the total knowledge of Motor Home related things in HBK cranks up a significant step with every bit of experience our members will contribute with!

F

F.d. 839

Kjell,

If I can be at any assistance please do not hesitate to call upon me. I am doing the same in many other forums and in different languages Dutch - Flemish - French just to mention a few, they all see me all as a big asset which I am very proud of participating in. Cheers mate !!!

Håkan

HBK Hedersmedlem
Admin medlem
Kommun
Tomelilla
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap

Rolly,

Could you please add the other "WoMo" forums you participate in under our Link section:
Länkar om Husbil

Would be interesting to get some new information and maybe friends.

F

F.d. 839

Hakan,

Haven't properly found my way around sa as starters I insert the links here :

Camperchat (active as moderator)
FORUM - CAMPERSITE.BE - FORUM :: Index (member)
www.camperforum.nl :: Index (member)

The above mentioned forums communicate in their respective local language so it might be a bit tricky to follow the actual issues. If any help is require do not hesitate to call upon me.

CarthagoAnders

HBK Medlem
Kommun
Karlshamn
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap

here´s some links to sites I visit sometimes to get impressions from abroad
UK Motorhomes, Motorhome Information, Motorhomes Reviews, Motorhome Forum, motorhome fun, Sales, Campsites -> News

RV.Net Open Roads Forum

a Ducato-forum with a content which would be of interest for most motor-home owners
Sorry, das Forum wurde geschlossen.

and a link to the site for Hymer-owners which could be of interest even for non Hymer-owners because of the threads with a content belonging to Fiat- and MB-chassies
HME - HYMER Mobil Eignerkreis e. V. im Internet

F

F.d. 839

Kjell,

It seems like the English section of this forum is in dire straits, there is absolutely an urgent need for some form of adrenalin to make it survive ;). All suggestions are welcome.

Kjell

HBK Medlem
Kommun
Vännäs
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap

Ain't an easy question that one, dear rolly!

Might give some visitors here if one send greetings from Sweden in RV sites abroad and includes the URL to HBK in the mail!

Could be worth a try?
;) :D

F

F.d. 839

Kjell,

Been thinking the same thing but not an easy task. I merely suggest, it could be a very good practice in English for many among us on this forum polishing up their languages skills for the next coming summer, it sure doesn't hurt does it ;)

Håkan

HBK Hedersmedlem
Admin medlem
Kommun
Tomelilla
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap

Hi Dave,

Very welcome to our forum and thank's for the link to your forum.

Let's keep in touch and exchange info around the life in Motorhomes.

Gunnar

HBK Hedersmedlem
Admin medlem
Kommun
Malmö
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap

Hej Arne.
Du får nöja dig med de svenska sidorna.:wink:
De engelska är ju för dem som inte förstår svenska.

F

F.d. 839

Sv: Re: Sv: English Camping Car Forum Opened

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info to a more than welcomed source in a world we're all interested in and would like to share our experiences.

Toppen